Ayurveda is a complementary Health care system practiced since time immemorial. One would want to pursue Ayurveda as a choice of his own or because of peer pressure. Either way, before you take a leap ponder on a few points.
Questions to ponder upon:
- Is this the Profession that I would see myself for the rest of my life
- Where do you see yourself as an Ayurveda Scholar?
- Have you met people from Ayurveda fraternity (clinicians, academicians, researchers) having 25- 35 years of successful career
If one is able to answer these questions and feel “yes, I can take it up and I relate to it”. Then yes, you are in the right path.
But take a pause; you have to assess a few more personal conditions:
- Scrutinize your social status
- Review the financial status of your family
- Assess the condition of family health
- Do you have a set goal and whether this career make you achieve it- be it personal or professional
- Are you ready to dedicate time for achieving your career height
Is your answer a Yes?
Then look out for the following details:
- Check out at least 10 Ayurveda colleges
- Visit the departments to evaluate the infrastructure, laboratories, museums, library, etc.
- Assess the academic resources
- Interact with few Professors & appraise their depth of knowledge, their mannerisms, confidence, etc.
- Meet few scholars to know about the college in detail
- Interact with 10- 15 outgoing students to know the knowledge that they have gained and skills learnt
- Assess the quality of products of the institution
Clinical skills are of primary importance and this is provided not just by the clinicians and teachers but also the Teaching & Training resources. So look for,
- Resource of Teaching & Training
- Varieties of Health seekers treated
- Average stay of the patient
- Nursing staff and other service providers
- Different specialty services
- Whether patient that comes horizontally goes back vertically
If you are satisfied, then look for other facilities like:
- Hostel- Is the ambience right that you are looking for
- Food- Whether wholesome food is provided to maintain the nutritional status you need
- Extracurricular facilities- For overall development whether extracurricular activities encouraged
Ensure you are choosing the college of your choice.
Key to achieve goals:
- Follow what you learn
- Hard work
- Imbibe skills
- Study- learn through books, teachers, peers, patients
- Live Ayurveda- it says about daily regimen and seasonal regimen
- Implement the science in life as Ayurveda is the science of life
A person will have many dreams and these dreams could come true through Ayurveda. What is needed is dedication, hard work, perseverance, skill, humanity, patience and above all a spirit of workmanship.
There are many Ayurveda scholars, academicians, researches who have carved their own path and niche among the fraternity of Ayurveda. You could be one!