S.D.M. College of Ayurveda is an represents the best of traditional knowledge and contemporary excellence, managed by SDME Society ®, Ujire. Rev. Dr.D.Veerendra Heggade, Dharmadhikari of Shree Kshetra Dharmasthala and the President of S.D.M. Educational Society is the inspiration behind the success of the College, with his commitment to human Welfare and Social Development through Education. Ever since 58 years of inception, the Institution has rendered Yeomen Service to the public by providing health care, as well as to the students a qualitative value based Ayurvedic education.
- Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Ayurveda formerly known as Udupi Ayurveda College.
- It was started by Karnataka Ayurveda Seva Sangha (R), Udupi
- Inaugurated by Swamiji of Puttige Mutt, Sri Sujnanedra Theertha Swamiji on 01-07-1958
- In a small building at Padigaru, Udupi.
- Started with 20 students and 10 teaching staff.
- On 01-09-1963 Udupi Ayurveda College shifted to Valakadu Dr. Gundacharya Savanoor served as Principal.
- 18-11-1968 - College foundation was laid by Dr. M.C. Modi at Kuthpady, Udupi.
- Swamiji of Pejawar Math Sri Visweshtheertha Swamiji became the president and Sri Veerendra Heggade was the vice president of the Karnataka Ayurveda Seva Sangha.
- 02-10-1973 - Sri. R.K. Khadilkar, Hon’ble Health Minister Govt. of India, inaugurated the college building
- 50 bedded hospital, a small herbal garden, Pharmacy and Dissection theatre were added to the institution.
- 26-10-1979 - Karnataka Ayurveda Seva Sangha got amalgamated with Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Trust ®, Ujire and later it developed to its present height with blessings of Rev. Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade, Dharmadhikari of Shri Keshtra Dharmasthala.
- Silver Jubilee was celebrated
- New hospital building with a capacity of 200 bedded new building for hospital was provided
Inaugurated by late Dr. Rajkumar, Kannada Cinema Artist,
- Services in different ranges like deluxe, special, semi special rooms and general wards
- Nethravathi Ladies hostel was started on 15-07-1998 fulfilling the residential demand of girls.
- 150 bedded a new block was added to the present hospital with more number of different ranges like deluxe and special rooms.
- Golden Jubilee was celebrated and a new sophisticated auditorium by name ‘Bhavaprakasha’ was inaugurated in the memory of Mathrushree Rathnamma Heggade.
- In the year 2007, with the rising demand, the older pharmacy setup had to be replaced with a new ‘state of the art’ infrastructure extending to about 36,000 sq.ft. area, which could meet rising demands/expectations from the society.
- S.D.M. centre for Research in Ayurveda and Allied Sciences was started.
- Separate PG ladies hostel with 4 floors was added to the present hostel.